Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It Hurts.

I flew into New York City on July 7th, Ringo Starr's birthday. OF COURSE, I had seen the man perform before and it was incredible. But, I knew that he would be performing at Radio City Music Hall on his birthday. There's always something special that happens when a musician performs on their birthday whether it is from them or the audience. The show was sold out on Ticketmaster and I was with Brianne who, out of the goodness of her heart, would have gone and bear with me (she even said so). But, wanting to make this trip not so... obnoxiously dominated by a Beatles' fan, I refrained from desperately scouring Craigslist and eBay listings for resales. Alas, I chose to forget about the whole thing and naturally had an amazing trip, sans concert. I was SO Beatles neutralized that I didn't even get the least bit upset about not having enough time or energy to visit "Strawberry Fields" in Central Park (I did get to on my last visit)--a lot of places were like that on our trip! I felt as though I was progressing through my Beatleaholic Anonymous program quite well. Last night, Elliott's dad thoughtfully called us from Salt Lake saying that Paul was performing at the arena there and that they could hear him loud and clear from the street singing "Let Em In." Oooooo anything like that immediately puts me in a Beatle's mood and today I checked the Paul McCartney website to see what exactly his tour was shaping up to be.
I saw this:   


Ringo's 70th Birthday Surprise
As a surprise to celebrate Ringo's 70th birthday, Paul joined Ringo Starr's All Starr Band onstage last night at New York's Radio City Music Hall. Paul performed The Beatles classic 'Birthday'.

The last time Paul and Ringo performed together was on the same stage last year 
for the David Lynch Foundation benefit 
show.















Of course. OF course. I went to Craigslist and eBay. Old listings had pairs of tickets selling for around a mere $100. Always trust your Beatles' intuition and know that it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. As a way of coping with the pain I have chosen to post another Microsoft Paint classic I created several years ago of my sister and I at a Paul McCartney show, ironically in New York. Strangely enough, the only picture I have of this is one of it ON another computer... why would anyone ever be motivated to delete the original? I mean really. 


Ps, Anna and I are actually covering what was originally a large... very large man taking the photo of himself at the show. It took two people to cover him up. And two hours of "painting" to do so.

No comments: