Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back 2 Scoo

 I was SO enthusiastic to change my makeshift whiteboard calendar from June to July. It meant the end of a horrid month and the beginning of a bright, new, opportunistic one. I say opportunistic because I finally had the opportunity to have a life. It wasn't until a solid 2 days after  drawing up this calendar (with the help of Elliott who drew the patriotic doodles on the "4") that I realized my 31-day July calendar was really a 26-day calendar and that I had left out Saturday... But not really because "2" was in the right place, wasn't it?  I thought, "Apparently, I already need to get back to school." Well har har har, my thought was heard by none other than Popo O'Brien--I'm sorry, is "popo" rude? I did  capitalize it. It's all I can muster out right now. He pulled me over for speeding--I know, shameful-- on Thursday afternoon. After giving me the ticket accompanied by an unnecessary and trite lecture, he said, "If you haven't done traffic school in the past 2 years you can do that to make it all go away." That guy gets a big MEH from me. "Meh" in blog terms means he got a lot of other things out of me after I got home but they probably aren't blog, much less public, appropriate. I should have listened to my very hip African American studies professor who, at the end of class would ALWAYS say, "If you see the PO-lice, go da other way." That guy always got a big "MMMHMMM" out of me in my most soulful voice. Elliott was rather impressed with my turnaround as I got the ticket 1:30 pm Thursday and completed my online traffic school at 5:00 pm Friday. That crap just can't hang over my head for a single minute, much less ruin my Friday nite date nite by being on the "To Do" list. 
My thoughts exactly. 

 In happier thoughts, did you know they make baby Pillow Pets? That was an UN-regrettable impulse buy. That little pillow inside of a baby's crib is a sight to squeal at. 

No comments: