Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write...



I bought one of these a few days ago, in "Lemon Grass" to be exact. In our old Ward in Gilbert, we met for Sunday School in the seminary room. Colorful and creative posters and Church art adorned the walls. One poster read, "The dullest ink is better than the brightest memory." I have a very "bright" memory. It's more of a nightmare than a blessing. But, because I have a such a retentive memory, I like to be exact in every detail when recalling or retelling an event. I haven't journaled in years. A friend was telling me about her mother's pregnancy journal the other day and I felt a little twinge of regret over not having done one for either of my pregnancies much less the 27 months I've been a mother. I've forgotten so much and when something triggers a certain memory from Beckett's infancy, or Barrett's pregnancy, I wonder if that memory will ever be "triggered" again (photos do help, thankfully). I think these colors will motivate me into journaling enough to create a customized, colored rainbow of my "history in the making" if you will. It's never too late.  

No comments: