Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All The Small Things

I've been sick for about 10 days now. Surprise. The worst is most definitely over but I've had lingering throat and nose "issues." My nose decided to get it's act together but my throat won't leave me alone. It's like a snail, but I doubt gargling salt water would even get rid of my "issues."

Because I'm pregnant, I can't really take a lot of (as in any) medicines so I've been doing what I can (as in nothing) to get better. I've tried to keep up on my Vitamin C and Tylenol count but I think my mentality has been to just ignore it, which hasn't helped either. In fact it's made it worse because ignoring it has caused me to forget taking my two allowed medications. Anyway, yesterday I decided to get back on the ball and resolved to at least drink lots and lots of liquids--especially Oj and H2O. This morning I woke up especially hoarse and sore to the point where it was hard to talk. Walking to the fridge, I found this: My favorite part is that it's on a tooth posty note cause it's cute.

In other happenings, the baby room isn't completely finished but definitely getting there. I absolutely love it-- the paint and the look we've decided on. I promise to post picture later! The pregnancy is coming along great but we are dying to figure out some solid names. Suggestions? I'm also dying to figure out how some of these recent mom's I see gained their pre-pregnancy weights BACK. Suggestions? Thannnks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! What a good husband! I'm sorry you are sick- it doesn't ever seem to go away when your pregnant...i had a stuffed nose for basicaly my entire pregnancy. Went away the second she was born...weird. I'm almost at my pre-pregnancy weight (luckily) and all i'm doiing is breast feeding. Apparently you lose 1100 calories a day breastfeeding....so i'd certainly suggest it!
Put up pictures of the baby room!

Alisa said...

Aww thanks Aubrey! I'm definitely on the breastfeeding train if it works out ha ha! Glad to hear you're doing well with it, your baby is gorgeous!

T and Jackie Isom said...

I hated being sick while pregnant. I don't know if it's because I am working with kids or what, but that last trimester I had a cold that just would not go away! It is weird, but all of those food aversions and what not tend to go away the minute the baby is out! Weird? I would also suggest the breast feeding. I feel myself getting smaller and smaller. I'm still too nervous to weigh myself however...