Monday, January 9, 2012

Might As Well



Beckett playing with Elliott's 20-year-old McDonald's play sets in Utah. They don't make 'em like they used to--and it's an absolute shame. Yes, he's eating the plastic cheeseburger--boy's gotta get some protein in him somehow! 
As soon as I finish this post I'm off to Taco Bell--so I'd better get typing because I'm HUNGRY NOMNOM. Today was what "we" call a "Taco Bell Kind of Day." 

It started off with a speeding ticket.
 I didn't know the officer was behind me until he literally honked at me. Literally, honked. Am I pregnant or what? When I looked up and saw a motorcycle cop with his lights on, my first thought was, "Am I in his way?" When I changed lanes and he followed I figured... "Not exactly." 
 He was very surprisingly//unusually//refreshingly nice (some may argue an oxymoron) and didn't ticket me as high as it was supposed to be. He actually laughed when I said that I didn't even see him (apparently he was just "sitting there") much less how fast I was going. 
I then went to Trader Joe's (with hormonal pregnancy traffic ticket tears). Reaching the front of the very lonnnng checkout line and while being rung up, I realized that I had left my wallet in the car after pulling it out for the ticket. I ran through the parking lot wielding my 30+ pound child and took a frustratingly long amount of time to find said wallet. In that period of time, Beckett found the tube of Skittles I was using to bribe him to climb into his car seat and dumped it out. All over the car. Finally finding my wallet, I heaved my child ("children" if you count the preggo belly) back through the parking lot only to have my phone fall out of my pocket in the middle of the busy street and the back fall off. 
Finally reaching my car with my groceries the day progressed in a similar manner with minor instances of Beckett tantrums and fellow Target customers' rudeness-es. 
The day grew comically awful. It was all I could do to laugh and perhaps it was even a tender mercy that a crap storm occurred right after the ticket to take my mind off the hard blow. That, and I actually had to stop off at Elliott's school before TJ's where he took the ticket right out of my hand and told me to not give it another thought, worry, or feeling of guilt. He would take care of it, and I knew it.
Baby two comes a month from today. I am excited, I am wanting him here, I am ready to get this show on the road since I'm losing enough sleep as is, it would be nice to be able to return to being a back sleeper again for when I do get it. 
But for now, I am off to Taco Bell. Wow, only a month left of that too and then I will return to my normal dejection of all most food that is "fast."

1 comment:

miss chaz. said...

Okay, Beckett is seriously THE. CUTEST. I loved getting caught up on your posts. I hope you are feeling well! Maybe I will see you before baby 2 comes!