Monday, June 6, 2011

Scorpion Master



My "Scorpion Master" black light.
 Elliott and I have taken it upon ourselves to become hunters of the night. After spraying our supposedly top notch scorpion killer, we spotted one above the dreaded bathtub (the worst location to trap them) a mere three days later. The next day, I drowsily drove to Lowe's (it was the day after I got my Wisdom Teeth out--I know,no driving allowed) and resentfully purchased a black light. We have made it a nightly bonding routine. I am the brave Raid and little bat holder, and Elliott is the really brave black light and big bat holder. We obliterate a good 1-2 scorpions a night. Yes, it is terrifying but profoundly rewarding in a vengeful sort of way. I'd like to get a picture of the neon glowing devil bugs, but we usually go out around 9:00 at night, and that is far too late for me to prep for a scorpion photo shoot. 
##################################################
Today marks like the 5th first day of school since January. I just don't know how often I'll have a chance to post, what with my 4x4 classes (that is, 4 nights of 2 classes for 4 weeks). June will be made into a good month and July will just naturally be a great month. 

Meanwhile, I have these albums to keep me company during my painfully long commutes:


3 comments:

c. claire said...

aim and ignite is always a summer fav...acutally it's been in my truck for like two years and never gets old! i. love. it.

eeeeeeek for scorpions. no bueno.

still deciding on the concert...we're not big Panic! fans...hmm i will ponder on this.

Anonymous said...

wow, that's pretty scary. Not gonna lie, you guys are brave! I am pretty terrified of scorpions! What do you even do once you catch one anyways??

Alisa said...

Aubrey, I jump in with the spray (SUPER scary) and Elliott takes his big metal bat and smashes them. It works ;)

Chaz, I think we're going for sure-- mainly just to see fun. but Elliott doesn't mind Panic! I'm with you though, not the biggest fan but I've seen them once before and they were entertaining!