Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Maybe It's May

Perhaps it's because this just happens to be my favorite month of the year. Perhaps I just miss blogging a little more than usual--the feeling that I am at least doing something to document my life (I am a horrendous journaler). Blogging always means routine. Something safe and consistent. When I didn't have time (believe me, it hasn't been a matter of motivation) to upload a few cheesy photos and write a few cheesy captions, I knew my life was far more chaotic than desired. 

Elliott and I are moving to Tempe this summer. He is graduating dental school the first week in June and will start working shortly after. Tempe is my favorite city in Arizona. One of my most treasured memories (one that I often replay in my mind) is from when Elliott and I were dating. He would drive me down Rural Road to ASU in order for me to catch the last shuttle of night back to ASU West in northern Phoenix. We would hold hands as he drove and the glow of the streetlights and surrounding stores would streak by our windows and leave us wishing that a night would come when I wouldn't have to go. We were happy to be young and together. We loved the excitement and fun being out at night naturally brought, though it usually meant our time together for the night was coming to a close. I love the memories and locations associated with Tempe. We are moving into a neighborhood where we already know our neighbors--literally!




PS, anyone in need of serious packing boxes? Take a stroll down the aisles of Wal Mart at 1:00am and help yourself to the mounting piles of boxes discarded by the stocking crew. I don't think it's every night, but they are happy to let you know when!

2 comments:

iamthecheese said...

At my store, it was every single night. They restock often!

Alisa said...

I'm a little jealous..