Monday, February 7, 2011

February Sights and Smells










I just love February. My second favorite month of the year, if you must know, and DON'T even ask me what my first is. Ok it's May, but you should know that. Ok, maybe you shouldn't, that's a little bratty of me to say. Really, I want a February baby. The air is crisp and cool, the month never feels dragging (you know, the whole 28 day thing) and Valentine's Day is just too fun. I am nearly halfway through my first class of my Master's program! Things are going pretty routinely and straightforwardly. As expected, not too bad AT ALL. Though, I still like to be my old paranoid self and ask thousands of questions and agonize over my ONE class. I once took 22 credits in a semester and never took below 18 in college. Still, I agonize over one. STILL! Anyway, the realization that I am overthinking it and need to smoke a mental j. sometimes (most times) since the class is fairly easy, has been therapeutic in itself. When I think of the end result I am motivated. Ecstatic. 2011 and 2012 will prove to be some pretty intense years for this family but I keep telling myself, "Really. Has 'it' ever been 'that bad?' Will it?" We all make mountains out of molehills and suddenly our lives are simply too busy, too stressful, and too taxing--to do ANYTHING. I think most of life's problems stem from internal factors rather from what actually happens to us. I'm preaching to the choir, of course. 


Back to February. Elliott and I naturally celebrate February 15th more than the 14th as that is the day we got engaged. It would have been on the 14th had Shutterfly mailed Elliott his/MY photo book (with a big picture of him holding a ring on the last page) in time! I don't mind one bit. Prolonging the holiday season has always been a favorite past-time of mine.  

No comments: